Do I Need Brakes On A Trailer?
It depends on the weight of the trailer, what you are hauling, and your provincial rules and regulations. Please refer to the Ministry of Transportation website. In Saskatchewan, “a Trailer having a gross weight of 1,360 kilograms (3,000 Ibs) or more shall be equipped with brakes adequate to stop and to hold the vehicle.”
More Frequently Asked Questions
- When Do I Require An Annual Safety Inspection (Aka Yellow Safety Sticker)?
- Does Derkson Trailers Offer In-House Financing?
- How Do I Maintain Wheel Bearings?
- Does Derkson Trailers Install Brake Controllers?
- Will My Vehicle Be Able To Pull The Trailer I Want?