Enjoy your backyard oasis on your own terms. The 12’X12’ Monterey offers 144 sq. feet of relaxation. The distinct New England architecture provides classic and refreshing styling. The canvas weave lets you create the perfect amount of sun and shade for you, every minute of every day.
We manufacture all of our products to create the look of wood without the traditional maintenance. In other words, you get the classic look of wood without the headaches. Just the occasional rinse with a garden hose is all you need to do to keep your pergola looking great year after year.
Like all our vinyl products, the Monterey pergola is completely covered by our lifetime warranty: it is guaranteed not to rot, or warp, or crack or turn yellow after being in the sun.
The Monterey pergola requires a drill, level, ladder, measuring tape, wood shims and two people to assemble. For installation on a wood deck or concrete patio, use our hassle-free Bolt Down Bracket System (purchased separately). For an in-ground installation, you can extend the posts with pressure treated lumber wood inserts purchased from your local hardware store. Our detailed instructions give you all the information you need to install and mount your pergola.
At a glance, here is a look at the extra materials required to properly install your NEA pergola:
Extra Materials You will Need (Purchase separately from www.newenglandarbors.com or retailer of our products)
If Mounting Pergola on Concrete or Wood Deck
- 4x4x7 Pressure-Treated Wood Posts (4) (purchase at local building center)
- 4x4 Bolt Down Bracket Kit (purchase from www.newenglandarbors.com or a retailer of our products) Refer to bolt down bracket instructions for hardware requirements, as they pertain to your application:• 1/2“ x 3 1/2” x 12“ Wood Shims (32)• 3/16” Concrete drill bit. Minimum 3“ long (1)• 1/2“ x 3 1/2” x 12“ Wood Shims (32)• 1/4” Washers (12) • 1/4” Wood drill bit. Minimum 3“ long (1)
- If Mounting Pergola in Ground
- • 1/4” x ?“ Bolts and Nuts - Countersunk Head (12) (Length depends on blocking material)
- If Mounting Pergola Onto A Wooden/Composite Deck With AN ACCESSIBLE UNDERSIDE:
- • 1/4” x 2 3/4“ Cement Screws - Countersunk Head (12)
- If Mounting Pergola Onto An Existing Concrete Surface:
- 4x4x10 Pressure-Treated Wood Posts (4) (purchase at local building center)
- Concrete Ready Mix (4) (purchase at local building center)
- Rafter/ Beam Support (Required) M. 2x6x12 Pressure-Treated Posts (8) (purchase at local building center)
|Item Code: VA42073
Approx. Time Commitment: 2 people, 6-8 hours
Posts: 5 x 5
Number of Boxes: 6