In the same way that you are unique as a person, we believe that all backyards are unique as well. The Alcove pergola is designed to reflect that.
The Alcove pergola provides shade and space in the places that you need it most, but haven't been able to install a traditional square pergola.
Excellent for smaller corners and nooks where you can enjoy breakfast at sunrise and a refreshing beverage at sunset. Recommended especially for chaisse lounges!
The Alcove measures 8'X8'X11.3' and is over 8' high!
We manufacture all of our products to create the look of wood without the traditional maintenance. In other words, you get the classic look of wood without the headaches. Just the occasional rinse with a garden hose is all you need to do to keep your pergola looking great year after year.
Best of all, the Alcove is covered by a lifetime warranty. It won't crack, warp, rot or turn yellow in the sun...for a lifetime!
The Alcove pergola requires a drill, level, ladder, measuring tape, pressure treated lumber and two people to assemble (please see instructions).
For installation on a wood deck or concrete patio, use our hassle-free Bolt Down Bracket System (purchase separately). For an in-ground installation, you can extend the posts with pressure treated lumber wood inserts purchased from your local hardware store. Our detailed instructions give you all the information you’ll need to install and mount your pergola.
At a glance, here is a look at the extra materials required to properly install your NEA pergola:
Extra Materials You will Need (Purchase separately from www.newenglandarbors.com or retailer of our products)
If Mounting Pergola on Concrete or Wood Deck
- 4x4x4 Pressure-Treated Wood Posts (4) (purchase at local building center)
- 4x4 Bolt Down Bracket Kit (purchase from www.newenglandarbors.com or a retailer of our products) Refer to bolt down bracket instructions for hardware requirements, as they pertain to your application:• 1/2“ x 3 1/2” x 12“ Wood Shims (32)• 3/16” Concrete drill bit. Minimum 3“ long (1)• 1/2“ x 3 1/2” x 12“ Wood Shims (32)• 1/4” Washers (12) • 1/4” Wood drill bit. Minimum 3“ long (1)
- If Mounting Pergola in Ground
- • 1/4” x ?“ Bolts and Nuts - Countersunk Head (12) (Length depends on blocking material)
- If Mounting Pergola Onto A Wooden/Composite Deck With AN ACCESSIBLE UNDERSIDE:
- • 1/4” x 2 3/4“ Cement Screws - Countersunk Head (12)
- If Mounting Pergola Onto An Existing Concrete Surface:
- 4x4x8 Pressure-Treated Wood Posts (4) (purchase at local building center)
- Concrete Ready Mix (4) (purchase at local building center)
|Item Code: VA42034
Approx. Time Commitment: ?2 people, 6-8 hours
Posts: 5 x 5
Number of Boxes: 5